Companion Dog means this animal is sold as a pet rather than for breeding or show purposes. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied are made under this contract except as stated below.
1. The dog is purebred and the pedigree is correct and given at the time of sale. The dog is registerable with AKC and UKC unless the form is withheld per written agreement. Refund: 100% provided dog and registration papers are returned to seller.
2. The health of this animal is guaranteed for TEN (10) days through examination of a veterinarian at the option and expense of the buyer. If the dog is found to be of unsatisfactory health and written documentation of the condition is presented, provided the dog and its registration papers are returned, the seller will refund 100% of the purchase price.
3. This animal has no known health problems.
4. This animal has the following known health problems/characteristics:
5. This animal is guaranteed to be free of hereditary crippling/disabling defects apparent by 12 (twelve) months of age. Determination of what constitutes a hereditary defect is to be by the unanimous agreement of two (2) veterinarians agreeable to both parties. One of these veterinarians to be a tenured faculty member of an accredited university veterinary teaching hospital or Board Certified in the applicable specialty. Cost of the opinions are to be assumed by the buyer.
Seller will replace with the next like available prospect or mutually agreeable animal provided the living dog and its registration papers are returned to the seller. If replacement is warranted, shipping/transportation must be paid by the buyer.
6. This dog is guaranteed to be of good temperament at date/time of sale.
7. Buyer agrees to annual veterinary checkups, including heartworm check; to keep all immunizations current according to AVMA guidelines; to properly administer heartworm preventative.
8. If this dog is sold with the alteration agreement noted below. Failure to have the dog altered within the agreed time period voids all guarantees and the puppy will be repossessed by the seller..
9. If buyer decides to sell or otherwise dispose of this dog, seller has the first right of refusal.
10. We will not be responsible for any expenses accrued in the upkeep, medical treatment, damages, veterinarian bills or transportation incurred as a result of owning this puppy.
My purpose of purchasing this purebred dog is for companionship only. Since it is sold as a companion and not for breeding or conformation show, I agree to have this dog altered (spayed or neutered) between the ages of 6 months and 12 months. The AKC registration form will be withheld until the seller receives a statement verifying the alteration from my veterinarian doing the surgery. If I do not provide proof of spay or neuter within the first year I agree to let MCK Papillons repossess the puppy.